Snail drawing

Snail drawing

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Snowflake?


I know a lot of people wonder a great deal about my tattoos, and question what will it look like when shes older? How will she ever get a job? How will anyone take her seriously when she looks like that? Do they all having a meaning? 
Well i could answer this too ways, first what i really want to say " Does it really effect your life? Are you that concerned about these questions that you feel the need to have a input on something in my life that most likely has nothing to do with you?" Or i could truly and honestly take the time to explain why i have them and maybe explain the snowflake to you. 

Q:What will i look like when I'm older?
A: I got my first tattoo at the age of 16, i reseached the shop went in and spoke to a few different artists, drew up my peice and TaDa my first tattoo (which still looks as beautiful as the day i got it.) I take very good care of tatttoos to insure that they look beautiful in the far future. So to answer the question how are they going to look, well im not 100 percent sure my body could change but i will appreciate them no matter their appearance. All of my tattoos were done during a time in my life that i should never forget why would i want to allow a negative outlook on those times?

Q:How will she ever get a job? / How will anyone take her seriously?
A: Ive never had any problem getting a job based off of how i look, i always carry myself professionally and insure that none of my tattoos are rude or insulting to others, they are to bring joy to my life that should create negativity for others. I have an amazing job which i work in childcare ( to date never received a complaint on my appearance what so ever.) I am a lead at the center, represent the spirit board, have a student that shadows me, and received credit of moments i presented myself in the best light at my work which was posted for all staff in the building to read. So i would say that i am highly respected in my job and by my peers, i really dont think how i look really bothers anyone.

Q:Do they all have a meaning?
A: Some have more meaning then others, some that i might not share with you but that is because they are strictly for myself or loved ones. And others have a very light meaning that truly acts as a reminder for myself. 
So for the answer about my snowflake or my many snowflakes which are on many different spots from a cluster on my shoulder, some placed in a tea cup on my arm and well my first finger tattoo.
The snowflake means a couple of things to me;
One- I wasn't born in Peterborough, i was born in Timmins Ontario. I was around 10 when we moved to Peterborough and a lot of my favorite memories are from in the winter back in Timmins, and i love them, they have made me the person that i am today and the snowflake acts as a reminder to never forget that.
Two- Its most likely something silly to you but as cold as it is i love winter, i think its so beautiful after the snow a fallen and everything is sparkling its gorgeous. The snowflake also reminds me that i have to stop controlling everything and allow time to appreciate the small things that bring joy to my life, to never forget to take time to sit back an smile.

My hopes for this is to truly just show people that yes i love everyone of my tattoos no matter how it looks to you, its really just for me and that in your eyes you might not ever do this to your body but having tattoos makes me feel more confident and beautiful in my own skin and how i look at myself everyday. How many people do you know that can say "I carry my art with me everywhere i go?"

 


No comments:

Post a Comment